Transport for NSW wishes to advise a new section of motorway has opened between Yallah and Albion Park. This section of motorway, which is part of the Albion Park bypass, was implemented in mid-May.
The following resources are available:
* The project's latest community update
* The road alignment aerial overlay (.SHP and PDF files)
* A video produced by the project team which provides useful background information
From 6am Wednesday 26 May 2021 - Traffic changes for Albion Park
* The motorway between Yallah and Albion Park is open in a temporary arrangement, one lane in each direction with an 80km/hr speed limit.
* The arrangement only provides access to and from Albion Park.
* Motorists travelling to Albion Park, Jamberoo and Moss Vale will temporarily exit to the right at Yallah onto a new section of the motorway, taking them to Terry Street.
* The northbound motorway entry ramp from Albion Park is open, allowing motorist from Albion Park (Terry Street) to travel north on the new motorway.
* A section of the existing Illawarra Highway next to the new motorway has permanently closed to through traffic. A cul-de-sac is being built near Croome Lane.
* Access to residences and businesses on Terry Street near Taylor Road is via Albion Park or the new motorway.
* Motorists travelling south from Dapto, Yallah and Haywards Bay continue to use the existing highway through Albion Park Rail.
* Access to Albion Park, Jamberoo and Moss Vale for these motorists will be via the existing highway and Tongarra Road.
* Access north on the Princes Motorway for Dapto motorists remains unchanged.
* Motorists from Yallah and Haywards Bay travelling north continue to use the existing Princes Highway.
* Motorists travelling from Wollongong continue to use the existing highway to travel south towards Albion Park Rail and Kiama.
From 5am Monday 7 June 2021 (weather permitting) - Traffic lights operational at Oak Flats interchange
* Traffic lights at the Oak Flats interchange will be operational following a weekend closure of the Oak Flats interchange
* Five sets of traffic lights as per this video
Data and Resources
|Release Date|| |
|Public Access Level|| |