This dataset contains Official Ferry Utilisation figures. Opal tap-on/tap-off data (representing an individual entering & exiting a wharf), is allocated to a route and aggregated to a monthly figure for the estimated number of trips.
1. School Student travel using concessional Opal cards is included. However this may be underrepresented, due to inconsistent tap-on/tap-off behaviour by students
2. Magnetic Stripe Ticketing (MST – paper tickets) data was also available in July 2016. MST patronage data for July is available here: http://www.bts.nsw.gov.au/ArticleDocuments/233/Jul-16_MST_patronage_all_...
3. Opal data may be subject to minor revision for the two months following upload
4. Data is static at a point in time, and may not match other reports that are real time
5. All non-Opal travel is excluded, for example transport concession entitlement cards, integrated ticketing for major events, and fare non-compliance
6. An Opal Trip is defined as a tap-on/tap-off pair (including where only a single tap-on or tap-off is recorded)
Data and Resources
Dataset InfoThese fields are compatible with DCAT, an RDF vocabulary designed to facilitate interoperability between data catalogs published on the Web.
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location|
Sydney Ferries Network and Newcastle Buses (Stockton Ferry)
Friday, July 1, 2016 - 00:00
Time (month), line and card type
|Public Access Level|