This data is part of the strategic transport modelling undertaken for Urban Transport Crowding and Congestion, a supplementary report of the Australian Infrastructure Audit 2019.
The report looks at historical data from 2016, and also provides a projection of what crowding on buses and suburban trains could look like in 2031, if infrastructure investment do not keep up with the pace of demand.
Network performance in Sydney, the Hunter and Illawarra showcases their findings as interactive maps.
The following resources are available, links will be provided that lead you directly to the current source of data.
Crowding on buses
* Crowding on buses during 2016 AM peak
* Crowding on buses (projected) during 2031 AM peak
* Crowding on buses during 2016 PM peak
* Crowding on buses (projected) during 2031 PM peak
Crowding on suburban trains
* Crowding on suburban trains during 2016 AM peak
* Crowding on suburban trains (projected) during 2031 AM peak
* Crowding on suburban trains during 2016 PM peak
* Crowding on suburban trains (projected) during 2031 PM peak
Data and Resources
|Release Date|| |
|Public Access Level|| |