Accessing APIs and datasets
Public transport and Live Traffic data have been made available under the Transport for NSW (TfNSW) Open Data program. Available APIs and datasets can be discovered through the Data Catalogue.
To access the Data Catalogue, you will need to register (it’s free!) and log-in. Once logged in, you can view available APIs, download datasets or request and manage API keys.
For more information to get started click here
Working with Transport for NSW
If you have a great idea or concept that uses TfNSW data we want to hear from you!
Future Transport holds a number of events and challenges for entrepreneurs, start-ups, teams and individuals to pitch and showcase their ideas.
Entering your idea or concept into an event and/or challenge could give you the opportunity to work with TfNSW Subject Matter Experts, get you access to exclusives and could even see your product endorsed by TfNSW!
To find out how you can be involved visit the Future Transport page, future.transport.nsw.gov.au
Visit the Get started page for information about registering, APIs and datasets, troubleshooting and other useful information.
For general questions, comments and feedback you can reach us in a number of ways;
For technical support, including passwords, or to report an outage or issue contact email@example.com. We aim to respond to enquiries within 3-5 business days. To help us get back to you quickly, please provide as much information about your issue as possible.
You can learn more about Open Data and app development using the links below.
- NSW Open Data Portal for other NSW Government agency data.
- data.gov.au for data from across Australia.
- Transitfeeds, the official GTFS list and GTFS data exchange for global public transport agency data.
- Stackexchange provides helpful information for learning to code. Visit the Open Data community to ask or view questions specific to Open Data.
- Github provides information about building and developing software.