Accessing APIs and datasets
Public transport and Live Traffic data have been made available under the Transport for NSW (TfNSW) Open Data program. Available APIs and datasets can be discovered through the data catalogue.
To access the data catalogue, you will need to register (it’s free!) and log in. Once logged in, you can view available APIs, download datasets or request and manage API keys.
For more information, read our Get Started Guide.
Working with Transport for NSW
We hold a number of events and innovation challenges for entrepreneurs, start-ups, teams and individuals to pitch and showcase their ideas.
Successful entrants to innovation challenges may be given the opportunity to receive seed funding, work with TfNSW Subject Matter Experts, incubate your product and even receive endorsement from TfNSW through the Endorsed App Program.
To learn more about how innovation challenges work, read case studies, and find out about the Endorsed App Program, head on over to our Innovation Challenge page.
Visit the Get Started page for information about registering, accessing APIs and datasets, troubleshooting and other useful information.
For general questions, comments and feedback you can reach us in a number of ways:
- Via the Open Data Forum
- On Twitter: @datatfnsw
- Via email: email@example.com
For technical support, including passwords, or to report an outage or issue contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to enquiries within 3-5 business days. To help us get back to you quickly, please provide as much information about your issue as possible.
- NSW Open Data Portal for other NSW Government agency data
- Data.gov.au for data from across Australia
- Transitfeeds, the official GTFS list and GTFS data exchange for global public transport agency data
- Stackexchange provides helpful information for learning to code. Visit the open data community to ask or view questions specific to open data.
- Github provides information about building and developing software
Please check out our Useful Links page for a full list of resources.